- 8 oz. Mycopia Trumpet Royale mushrooms
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1-1 ½ tsp. garam masala
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Smaller mushrooms may be left whole, cut larger ones in half.
- Combine all ingredients except mushrooms and whisk.
- Add mushrooms and toss to coat.
- Grill on hot grill, turning once, until grill marks show. May also be oven-roasted for five minutes at 450°.
Garam Masala is a traditional blend of Indian seasonings that is typically sweeter and not as hot as curry. Unlike curry it contains no yellow turmeric or hot chili, but it packs a wallop with cardamom, coriander, cumin, and other spices. It can be found in any market specializing in Indian or Asian items as well as most gourmet and health stores. It is so special that it is worth seeking out. (You’ll find it a delicious addition to any squash also.) If unavailable, use chili powder, curry or mix ¼ teaspoon each of cinnamon and black pepper.