This recipe was provided to us by Malcolm Clark, Gourmet Mushroom co-founder, from his cookbook “The Marriage of Mushrooms and Garlic” with Chester Aaron
- ¼ pound of bacon
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 ounces mixed MYCOPIA mushrooms
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup cream
- ½ cup milk
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Cut the bacon into ½ inch slices. Sauté until crisp. Reserve 2 tablespoons bacon fat. Place the reserved bacon fat in a medium-sized, heavy bottomed saucepan.
- Add the celery, onion and mushrooms. Cook on medium heat while stirring until done.
- Sprinkle with flour and stir to combine well. Add the broth and cook until thickened.
- Add the cream and enough of the milk to obtain a consistency to your liking. Add the garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon into soup bowls and garnish with the crispy bacon bits.
Photo credit: Roger Adams
Order your copy of “The Marriage of Mushrooms and Garlic” here.