- 4 c. cooked elbow macaroni (about 8 oz. dry)
- 1 Tb. olive oil
- 8 oz. (or more!) single variety or mixed MYCOPIA mushrooms
- 4 Tb. butter
- 4 Tb. all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 c. milk
- 1 c. shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 c. fresh breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook pasta al dente according to package directions.
- Separate mushrooms into single stems and cut into bite-sized pieces. Sauté mushrooms in olive oil. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan and stir in flour. Cook for a minute or two. Do not brown flour. Stir in salt and whisk in cold milk. Bring to a low boil over medium-high heat, whisking at first to prevent lumps, then simmer for about five minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in cheeses. Add sauce to mushrooms and pasta. Transfer to three-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.