- 4 boneless ½ chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons mild vegetable oil (not olive oil)
- Flour for dredging
- 8 ounces MYCOPIA Velvet Pioppini Mushrooms (2 packages)
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 small shallot, about 1 ½ Tablespoons, minced
- 2 ounces dry white wine or low sodium chicken stock
- 1/2 cup cream, or crème fraiche
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ Tablespoons fresh tarragon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To prepare Velvet Pioppini: Trim the bottom ¼ inch of the cluster, then break by hand into individual stems.
- Heat oil in broad skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle chicken breasts with a little salt and pepper on both sides, then dredge in flour. Shake off excess flour and sauté until very lightly browned on each side, turning once. Chicken breasts may be not quite cooked through at this point.
- Remove chicken breasts to a plate and keep in a just warm oven. (About 220 degrees)
- Add butter to the same pan, then add shallot and cook for just one minute being careful not to brown the shallot. Add Velvet Pioppini and cook until the mushrooms begin to soften, stirring gently. Add wine and simmer until reduced by about half, then add cream and mustard. Stir gently. Simmer until slightly thickened.
- Add tarragon, then salt and pepper to taste. Push mushrooms to the side and return chicken breasts to pan (along with any juices they have on the plate). Allow breasts to warm through. Serve immediately.