- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 ounces pancetta, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 oz. Maitake Frondosa torn or cut into pieces
- 12 ounces spinach, Swiss chard, broccoli rabe, or a mixture of these or other greens, roughly chopped
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a broad skillet over medium heat. Add pancetta and stir until it browns slightly. Add garlic and mushrooms. Cook three or four minutes, then add greens and cook just until greens wilt. Remove from heat immediately and finish with balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to taste.
- If you cannot obtain pancetta, substitute 2 strips of thick sliced bacon, blanched in hot water, and blotted. Dice bacon and proceed as above.
- Serve warm as a side dish or atop polenta. Garnish if desired with shaved parmesan cheese.