- 2 Tablespoons mild vegetable oil
- 8 oz. mixed or single variety exotic mushrooms (Alba Clamshell, Brown Clamshell, or Trumpet Royale)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger root, grated (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 6 ounces, about 4 cups, mixed baby lettuces – Arugula, frisée and baby spinach
- Heat vegetable oil in broad skillet on medium high. Add mushrooms, whole or sliced, Cook three minutes on high. Add ginger and remove from heat.
- Add remaining ingredients in order – toss with salad mix and serve immediately. There will be a pleasing contrast of cool and warm and the some of the greens will wilt just slightly.