- 8 ounces Nebrodini Bianco™
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- a few grinds of fresh black pepper
- Slice mushrooms into ¼ inch thick slabs. (Smaller mushrooms can be just cut in half).
- Combine olive oil and seasonings. Brush both sides of the sliced mushrooms with the oil mixture.
- Grill on the barbeque until grill marks show. May also be cooked in a lightly oiled cast iron pan on the stove top, or roasted in the oven at 425 degrees.
In Italy this mushroom is sometimes called the Sicilian Grilling Oyster. Its texture and mild, sweet flavor are reminiscent of shellfish, particularly abalone or scallops. This presentation should be served warm as an appetizer or an accompaniment with a simple pasta.